About the REACH Scholars Program at UGA
The UGA REACH Scholars Program welcomes students from the state of Georgia's REACH program (http://reachga.org/) to the University of Georgia (UGA). As UGA students, REACH Scholars will call on an experienced network of faculty, academic coaches, and program administrators as well as support structures for students transitioning into and progressing through the University.
Working with a faculty corps and professional staff within the Division of Academic Enhancement, REACH Scholars will experience a success network committed to students, committed to success.
How to Apply
UGA REACH Scholars are accepted into the program through the state of Georgia's REACH program. More information about the state's program, including application and resources, can be found at http://reachga.org/about-reach.
Beyond a Scholarship
While obtaining their degree at UGA, Scholars will:
- Enroll in a specially designed first-year UNIV seminar and workshop series.
- Experience the high-impact elements of committed Academic Coaching, meeting monthly (in the first year) with an Academic Coach who will monitor their academic progress and serve as a reference to other services within the DAE, such as drop-in tutoring for UGA’s most challenging courses.
- Engage in regular coffee or lunch meetings with an assigned faculty/staff UGA REACH Scholar Mentor who will serve as an “outside” advisor or consultant on Scholars’ progress as well as difficulties in course work or in adapting to the UGA social environment.
- Network via Facebook and other social media platforms as well as at social events specifically designed to help Scholars come to know themselves as members of the UGA community.
- Experience informal peer-mentoring with other cohorts of scholars at various social events per semester, including orientation and Welcome Back events for new and continuing Scholars as well as a year-end celebration event at the close of every academic year.
For more information, please contact Ms. Laetitia Adelson in the Division of Academic Enhancement via email at email@example.com or call (706) 542-4872.