Student Support Services
The TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) program at the University of Georgia provides comprehensive services to students who are first-generation, Pell Grant eligible, and/or registered with the Disability Resource Center.
The primary goal of TRIO SSS is to help transition, retain, and graduate students at UGA. Through its services, the program provides opportunities for academic development, assists with college requirements, and serves to motivate students toward the successful completion of their undergraduate degree program.
The TRIO SSS program offers the following services:
- Individualized academic advising. TRIO SSS participants are assigned a TRIO SSS Advisor to assist them with academic, career, and personal growth needs throughout their college career.
- Priority tutoring. TRIO SSS participants have access to a wide variety of priority tutoring. In addition, tutoring arrangements are made for students who need individualized or group help in various subjects taught on campus.
- Financial literacy counseling and financial aid assistance. Through workshops, TRIO SSS participants learn how to understand debt, budget their fiscal resources, and make informed financial decisions. Our TRIO SSS staff works with participants to research and apply for financial aid and scholarship opportunities.
- Career exploration opportunities. Working with the partnering programs on campus, TRIO SSS participants are provided with opportunities to better position themselves for a career after graduation.
- Graduate school and professional school admissions assistance and preparation. TRIO SSS participants are provided the resources to prepare them for graduate school admission examinations, campus visits, interviews, etc.
- Cultural enrichment experiences. TRIO SSS sponsors one cultural event each semester. These events are designed to give students the opportunity to be exposed to, engage in, and/or embrace other cultures or culturally enriching experiences.
- TRIO SSS Leadership Council. Members of the Leadership Council mentor new participants, serve as a support system for other students, help participants get involved in community service, assist in the development of leadership skills from the student's perspective, and coordinate student involvement in leadership program events.
- Free printing and a dedicated study area are provided exclusively for TRIO SSS participants.
- Priority Registration for classes.
The TRIO Student Support Services program is federally funded through the U.S. Department of Education.
For more information, please contact our TRIO Student Support Services staff:
Assistant Director Access Programs
243 Milledge Hall
Senior Coordinator of Student Support Services and STEM-H
126 Milledge Hall
125 Milledge Hall